What are some of the new responsibilities that I have when I become 18?
- Your parents are no longer required to support you.
- You are responsible for all your actions. If you violate the law, you will be tried and sentenced as an adult, not as a juvenile.
- You may sue and be sued by others for contracts that you make or accidents you are involved in.
- You may be called for jury duty.
- You can be sued for child support and the medical bills relating to your child’s birth.
- If you are male, you must make sure you are registered with the Selective Service.